Monday, August 30, 2010

Hmm..

     Back from San Pedro, Ports o' Call Village.  I sell balloons and temporary tattoos there on weekends throughout the Summer.  Interesting day.  It's been sizzling hot all week long and then today cooled off to a chilly sixty-eight degrees with a wind chill factor of fifty-five.  

     So it was a strange weekend.  It seemed like it would be a money maker, but in the end, it was a lot of people walking around asking questions with no intention of whipping out their wallet.  Yesterday, I arrived at approximately one-thirty pm.  I stayed four hours with a pounding headache only to earn fifteen dollars.  Why?  Because, I own the business and that's just how it goes.  Fortunately, I could actually leave after four hours whereas in a Mall, per say, one must remain open the entire day within the range of hours a mall is open.  Otherwise you are fined or lose your space.  That could happen to me in San Pedro, but it's highly unlikely as the landlord is a bit lax.  He knows the area and when the sellers are likely to split.  

     Today, I was there from one o'clock to seven o'clock.  A little better, but not really worth the drive.  It happens.  It was windy and that beats up the balloons.  I have a canopy with screens and the other vendors take the Mickey out of me and call it Tajmahal.  It kind of looks like a tattoo harem as opposed to a vendor spot.  That's fine by me.  I like it.  What will they think of next at K-Mart?  It's a pop up and everything.

     The good news is that I found an M.C. Beaton book I had not read at Borders!  I found two, actually and the title of one I do not yet own, but will be searching for on E-bay inevitably.  I opened up Kissing Christmas Goodbye and was greeted with my favorite character's in the Coswalds.   Ms. Bloxby was a treat and Sir Charls Fraith and Roy Silver made Agatha's Christmas party a night to remember.  I'm also suddenly intriqued by Hemlock...

     Read it and find out why I love these little mystery novels.  Their inexpensive and an absolute must for anyone who likes Lilian Jackson Braun's The Cat Who.. Series or Cleo Coyle's Coffee Murder Mysteries. 
If you grab one, I would love to hear how you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment