Thursday, April 19, 2012

The DROP, Michael Connelly

If you follow my Blog, then you know I'm a big Michael Connelly fan.  I'm mid The DROP and will finish it tonight.  Normally I wouldn't comment until I actually completed the novel, but this is too juicy.  I love Harry Bosch, LAPD Homicide Detective,  and he's back in top form investigating the possible suicide of someone with "High Jingo."  Sorry, you'll just have to read the book to discover what that means! In The DROP, the suicide takes priority over his other case, an Open-Unsolved nasty sex crime two score past.

In recent Bosch novels, Harry's teenage daughter has come to live with him for reasons you are only privy to if you follow the series.  Their relationship is delightful.  He's a single Dad working a difficult job confronting life's evil menaces.  He's on the most heinous crime scenes and has zero sympathy for the bad guys. This also translates into anxiety regarding his little girl and the knowledge that he can't protect her every moment.  It's provocative insight.  You'll be wishing Harry Bosch was your father or your lover, depending on your age.

Of course, I recommend it. I've also got two Lincoln Lawyers on tap, The Reversal and The Fifth Witness.  I'll relay my account of those as soon as I get to them. And I'm into a Jasper FForde-the jury is still out.  Very intelligent and hilarious, but you know me, unless someone's eyes get cut out and the lashes used to make a revolving children's toy (i.e. John Connelly's Charlie Parker series)  well, I get distracted easily.  What does that say about me?  

I'm not even going to analyze it.  I like a compelling story, and Michael Connelly always delivers the goods.


No comments:

Post a Comment