Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Eleventh Victim

By Nancy Grace, The Eleventh Victim is a gripping story that had me up all night!  Murder mysteries and Psychological thrillers are my favorite reads and this one was a killer.  I was on my way to work and realized I had forgotten the book I was reading at home, Wicked.  I hate it when that happens!  As my job could have serious lulls of over an hour of no business, a good book is the answer to eternal boredom.  I stopped at Target of all places.  Who knew they had books?  I did not, but took a chance.  They do have a book section and I even picked up an Americana at Starbucks on my way out.  

When the initial rush was over at the job, I flipped open the book and was instantly involved.  Serial killer stories have always fascinated me.  I also identify with the main character, Hailey Dean to some degree.  Of course, she is a brilliant lawyer and I am just a brilliant comedienne, so there are some obvious differences, but I could have that.  This story has twists and turns in it that come from out of the blue and all affect the case.  Her killer uses the most unlikely weapon which made me cringe.  She also details the murders in such that you engulf all of the feelings of the victim as well as the murderer. 

What does this say about me?  Why am I fascinated by this type of story?  I am literally gasping with my hand over my mouth and yet, I cannot put it down!  Perhaps it is just non-comprehension.  Abberated people have always confused me and somehow, it is interesting to see how they operate.  It is bizarre and intriguing at the same time.  Perhaps it is just the mystery of them.  I don't know for sure, but I know I like these novels.

The Eleventh Victim, although I enjoyed it profusely and am on my way to the store to buy Nancy's other book, Objection!, left some questions unanswered at the end.  It was a bit unsettling and I am curious to see if there will be a sequel to tie up the loose strings.  I certainly hope so.  This is a great book from a fantastic writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment